Sunday, March 6, 2011

Changing it up...



I came back into town today and went to the hospital to see mom...

It seemed like Friday and Saturday she was 'down' and really tired, almost 'out of it'. Being a nurse, (mind you I know little about oncology) I do know a little bit about some of the medications she is receiving and some can really make you feel like a zombie. She is pretty nauseated already and we are not even into the 'harsh' side effect time from the chemo yet...which means she is not eating....at all....popsicles, is that a food group?...add that to the side effects of the anti-nausea medications and mom was completely out of it, couldn't even keep her eyes open during a conversation...

I talked with Mom's nurse and Mom and we were able to get the doctors to change up her nausea medications a bit so hopefully she won't be so 'out of it' all of the time.



Her hemoglobin was slightly low last night so she did get some blood...

I was able to get her to play some cards with me (yes....she still beat me...),
go for a walk and eat half an 'Italian Ice'...

Then she got brave in the hall and let me take a picture of her...

I just called her and she is way more alert...just ate some carrots and green beans!
***

And Nana...don't worry about us...we are doing just fine at your house!



No comments:

Post a Comment